My Blog About music
Indian Singers Who Also Acted in Movies
These days, there is a strong trend of popular personalities doing multi-tasking. For example, there are some actors who also become singers or producers. Some have even become directors. And on the other hand, there are some singers who are also the music directors or lyricists. Some of them have even tried their hands at acting.
Well, entering a different field does not guarantee success if you are successful in some other related field. One needs to work hard in that new field as well. The same happened with many Indian stars. Many of them tried doing something different but failed miserably. While some of them became superstars in their new domain. Here, let’s look at some stars who were predominantly singers, but also tried their hands in acting.
Hit Singers But Flop Actors
- Sonu Nigam: He has one of the soulful voices in Bollywood. Even though not much songs are sung by Sonu Nigam these days, yet he remains one of the top singers ever emerged in India. Sonu also featured in many movies like Jaani Dushman, Love in Nepal, Betaab etc. And all of these were badly hit.
- Mika Singh: Mika is an Indian pop singer, popular for songs like Hawa Hawa, Jumme Ki Raat, Dhinka Chika and more. He made his acting debut with the movie, Loot, which was a huge disaster at the box office.
- Himesh Reshammiya: The Tera Suroor singer, Reshammiya is a very popular and loved singer of India. His songs like Jhalak Dikhla Jaa and Aashiq Banaya Aapne were huge sensational numbers. Yet, the singer could not impress people when it came to acting. He delivered many flops like Karzzz, Tera Suroor, etc.
- Yo Yo Honey Singh: A very popular rapper and singer, Honey Singh is popular for numerous songs like Blue Eyes, Love Dose, Brown Rang and Party All Night. Along with singing, he has featured in numerous Punjabi movies like Zorawar and Tu Mera 22 Main Tera 22, all his movies are a complete failure. But still, he remains one of the top singers of Bollywood.
- Atif Aslam: He is renowned as one of the romantic singers in Bollywood. After giving a lot of super hit songs, he made his acting debut with Bol, in 2011. This was a Pakistani movie, which failed to impress audience in either of the nations.
Undoubtedly, some singers are not meant for acting. All of the above are great singers of Bollywood. Yet, when it comes to acting, they are huge flops.
Hit Singers And Hit Actors
- Diljit Dosanjh: Diljit is a household name these days. His songs are popular everywhere in the world. Some of his popular tracks are Proper Patola, Laembadgini, Lak 28 Kudi Da and many more. He has also delivered numerous hits in movies like Jatt & Juliet, Udta Punjab and Phillauri.
- Gippy Grewal: Like Diljit, he is also a very popular singer and actor. He has many comedy movies in his kitty, like Carry On Jatta, which are very popular among people in India as well as abroad.
- Farhan Akhtar: He is a multi-talented person. Farhan is not just a singer and an actor, he is also a director, screenwriter, producer, and TV host. And he is one of a kind, who is successful in all his fields.
- Kishore Kumar: The super hit singer of Golden era, Kishore Kumar’s songs have been loved by people of all generations so far. Along with playback singing in many movies, he has also acted in more than 80 films. Kishore Da, as we lovingly call him, has also been a multi-talented person, like Farhan Akhtar.
And these are not all. The list goes on with many more singers. Whether it is Hindi or Punjabi, or any other language, many singers have also acted in some movies. Most of those singers gained success and are today renowned as popular actors. While some of them were badly hit and their movies are considered a mistake.
But whatever the result of their movies was, these singers continue to impress the audience with their singing and music.
Top 10 Friendship Songs of All Time
Seasons will come and go, but friends will stay for life. They will scold you, play pranks on you, or even tease you. But they will forever be your side in case you land in any trouble. Their bond is even stronger than the bond of your family. Amazing right?
To celebrate this beautiful relation, Bollywood has released numerous songs. Right from the times of Golden Era, many songs are sung, that show an unbreakable bond of friendship. Some of these songs like Yaar Mod Do show 1 friend missing the other one. Whereas some of the songs, like Yaaron Dosti and Yaari Yaari, celebrate some amazing memories a group of friends made.
- Yaaron Dosti
- Yaar Anmulle
- Yaari Yaari
- Tera Yaar Hoon Main
- Yaar Mod Do
- Tere Jaisa Yaar Kahan
- Jaane Nahi Denge Tujhe
- Daaru Desi
- Saat Ajube Iss Duniya Mein
- ABCD Yaariyan
These are not the only friendship songs made in Bollywood. Numerous other songs are also sung. And all of them depicts the bond of friendship very beautifully.
Yaaron Dosti – The eternal Friendship Anthem
Out of all the songs, Yaaron Dosti has been my personal favorite. And I guess if you have listened to this song or remember this song, it will be your favorite as well. The way lyrics and music is sewn into this song, it compels you to sing this out loud to your friends.
This song is sung by KK. He is one of the versatile singers Bollywood has ever got. His voice is so magical, that you feel lost to a completely different world. When KK released this song, it became the friendship anthem instantly. It became a forever song on the lips of every youngster. And even till today, it is considered the best song when it comes to expressing your love towards your friends.
Movies based on Friendship
There is not just the trend of friendship songs in Bollywood. Many movies are also made showing how friendship wins over every other relation. Some of the movies focusing on this aspect are Dil Chahta Hai, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na, and many more. Even the recent super hit release, Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety also shows a strong and deep bond between Sonu and Titu. This movie shows how friendship triumphs over love.
You don’t need anybody else when you have your friend by your side. That is why it is also said that for love to succeed, the 2 people must also be best of friends. There is nothing more valuable in life than your friendship. So savor this relation as long as you live.
Copyright - Desi Kalakaar Blog